Sunday, June 20, 2010

Celebration of Father's Day with Atty. Macario D. Carpio, my father

Today is one of my happy get together with family. We get to celebrate Father's Day with two of the most important men in my life, Macario D. Carpio and Teddy M. Aldeguer. Macario is my father. Teddy is my father-in-law. I never get to celebrate father's day until my husband taught me the solemnity of such occasion.

I am hoping to start my blog with a quotation of the law, or a Supreme Court decision, or a legal insight. But since this is my first day as a blogger, I might as well dedicate this first blog to my father, Atty. Macario D. Carpio.

To start with, my first experience in legal writing was when I get to type pleadings for my father since I was in second year high school. We use a manual typewriter then, but my hands were quick enough to learn key strokes. My father taught me to use the typewriter and to perfect all the legal forms in his practice, like letters of demand, business contracts, and relevant pleadings. He does have a sense of command in training his children, and by his training, I became a lawyer. It is my father who gives me that sense of hope in the legal profession . . . that you will survive in practice if you always do the right thing. With God's graces, I believe he is right. True enough, I get to have a car, invest in jewelries and even own a home...... all because of practicing the right way.

So to my father who feels that he may not learn to use the computer at all, or even surf the internet, I give this honor to him, to let his name be placed on my first blog. Happy Father's Day, Atty. Macario D. Carpio.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogosphere, Atty Chris!-- what a wonderful way to honor your father on your very first post. I look forward to reading your entries.

    ReplyDelete