Monday, May 12, 2014

My Experience as a Dissertation Writer-- a Prelude

It has been a year ago ever since I graduated my Doctor of Business Administration.    Time flies when I was in a stressful situation of finishing my doctorate degree so that I can fulfill my commitment to my employer.   It was during that time that I had to make a leap of faith, use all my resources, and talk to some influential people so that I can be granted a sabbatical leave with pay by my employer.  My commitment is to serve my employer for two years after my sabbatical leave and submit my research project (dissertation manuscript) worthy of publication.   I already submitted my research project a.ka. dissertation manuscript to my employer.  Luckily, my research project has already been published by the International Journal of Economics, Commerce and Management.    So I am already down to one commitment . . .  to serve my employer for two years after my sabbatical leave.

Anyway, my commitment is about to be fulfilled.  Allow me to share what I have experienced and learned throughout my dissertation writing.  My experience was definitely not something that you do through simple networking.... it is not.  Passing the dissertation writing stage and defending it to at least 8 panel members was not a joke.  It was like jumping through a lot of hoops or passing through the needle's hole.  It was a challenging experience, but it was worth it.

My subsequent posts of six parts will discuss my experience on dissertation writing.  Though my experience is subjective, you might learn a thing or two when reading my posts.  It would not hurt if you read my posts, and maybe you won't commit the mistakes which I have committed.

Below are the photographs of my classmates while I was taking my Doctor in Business Administration.   They were a great bunch which inspired me to write my posts.



Other topics:

Part I-  Choosing a Dissertation Title towards the Degree of Doctor of Business Administration

Part II --Conceptualizing the Objectives of the Dissertation

Part III -- Writing Chapters 1, 2 and 3 in preparation for the  Protocol Defense

Part IV -- Protocol Defense 

Part V -- My Data Gathering Experience  

Part VI -- Final Defense and Writing the Final Manuscript

No comments:

Post a Comment